Our baby girl is four months old! After we returned from Pennsylvania during Christmas break, Leah decided it was time to roll over from her back to her tummy. She loves to use her strong little legs to stand up while someone is holding her. All our babies have been very happy, but Leah seems to be the happiest of them all! She smiles and giggles at her sisters and brother when they talk to her and say her name. Leah is sleeping all night long from 8 pm to 8 am. She is even content to lay for a minute in the morning before I feed her while I make myself a cup of coffee. She is drooling all the time and usually has a finger or two or three in her mouth. We couldn’t be happier to have this sweet bundle of joy in our lives.
Here is a little video of her giggling at mommy before bedtime…
Also the girls sang with Micah at church…
Six weeks ago we welcomed the newest member of our family, Leah Hope.
She was born on August 31st at 7:17 in the morning. She weighed 8 pounds 6 ounces and was 20.5 inches long.
The kids are all doing great with baby Leah. They all love to hold her and they always give her lots of kisses.
This was by far the best hospital experience for giving birth of all of the kids. The hospital staff was super friendly and made sure everything was being done according to how I wanted it even though I didn’t have specific plans except wanting to have a healthy baby. After having the last two kids in Russia, I definitely felt spoiled. Understanding exactly every word the nurses and doctors were saying to me this time around was something I was very thankful for. And the nurses seemed like they genuinely cared. They weren’t cold and unwilling to show some tenderness.
We were happy to have Katrina’s parents and sister come down to help out a few weeks after her birth. They were such a big help with cooking, watching the kids so I could nap, doing odd jobs around the house and probably some other things I don’t remember since I was so sleepy during that time. 🙂
Thanks Mom, Dad and Rachel!
Leah at five weeks old starting to smile!
Our little Keira Joy turned three years old at the end of September and I’ve been too busy to share it with everyone. We had a nice family time for her in California and then again in Pennsylvania.
15 Questions with Keira – Age 3
1. What is your favorite color? Blue
2. What is your favorite toy? Anna (figurine from Frozen)
3. What is your favorite fruit? Banana
4. What is your favorite movie? Frozen
5. What is your favorite meal? Pizza
6. What is your favorite snack? Crackers
7. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Oatmeal
8. What is your favorite drink? Apple juice
9. What is your favorite song? This is the Day (In Russian)
10. What is your favorite book? Tinker Bell
11. Who is your best friend? Jasmine
12. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play ball
13. What is your favorite animal? Lion
14. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Olaf (Stuffed toy from Frozen)
15. What do you want to be when you grow up? Violet
This girl is such a little firecracker.
She definitely likes to push things to the limit to see how far she can take it.
She has the cutest little laugh, especially when being tickled.
Keira is very good at saying thank you.
She loves both her siblings, but acts like a little mommy with her baby brother.
This girl has a very close relationship with her thumb.
She is really funny!
We love you Keira Joy!